DEMOR HotSpot Therapy focuses on the neuromuscular and fascial systems in the body that can be negatively influenced by poor posture, repetitive motions, or dysfunctional movements . These mechanically stressful actions are recognized as an injury by the body, initiating the neuro-muscular systems repair process referred to as the Cumulative Injury Cycle.
This cycle follows a path of inflammation, muscle spasm, and the development of soft tissue adhesions that can lead to altered neuromuscular control and muscle imbalance. These adhesions reduce the elasticity of the soft tissues and over time may cause a drastic change in the soft tissue structure often recognized as “muscular pain”, myofascial pain and muscular dysfunction.
Most factors that cause pain and dysfunction can be easily grouped into three general but related categories:
- Biomechanical: forces exerted by muscular activity and gravity on the skeletal structure.
- Biochemical: chemical processes that occur in living beings – for example, the way your body converts food into energy or the way your body fights disease and responds to drugs.
- Psychosocial: the interrelation of social factors and individual thought / behavior factors.
The application of strategies that address only one of these categories, often result in improvement that plateaus before full recovery. Our trained bodywork treatment therapist consider multiple prolonged factors that may be associated with the client’s pain and utilize massage techniques that have a synergistic effect – often with significant relief, as all three categories are addressed in a multidisciplinary approach:
- ischemia: tight tissue with reduced blood flow.
- myofascial trigger points: hypersensitive points within muscles that give rise to referred phenomena, including pain.
- neural entrapment – nerve compression and pressure on nerves by muscles and other soft tissues and carteledge.
DEMOR HotSpot Therapy® is highly effective for clients who presently live with chronic pain, joint abnormalities or malfunctions, postural imbalance, pain from habitual repetitive movements, and irritation of a nerve or of parts of the nervous system (neuroexcitation), reducing or eliminating even longstanding painful conditions.
DEMOR HotSpot Therapy® bodywork treatment is often applied as sports massage therapy for acute injuries as well as injury prevention and recovery efforts to improve athletic performance.
DEMOR HotSpot Therapy® has some of the Top Newport Beach Myofascial Release Massage Therapists in Orange County Ca Specializing in Trigger Point Therapy Massages.